Changes: More Symptoms For Me/Us To Consider

Hello

After almost 6 years on the same meds: Welbutrin, Duloxetine and Lamotrigine, I had decided they weren't working for me anymore to control the depression part of my dementia, so I made an appointment with my brain doctor (psychiatrist) and told her that.

After a thorough interview ("inner view") she decided that to help me with my vivid dreaming - she calls them "night terrors" - she'd put me on one 1mg per Prasozin, which also helps with controlling my blood pressure and 4 mg of Abilify, which is a drug that sort of "boosts" the other anti depressives.

She also lessened the Welbutrin dosage in order to to get  a more "even regimen". I also spoke to her of my problems with focusing, whereupon she decided to put me on Ritalin as soon as my B/P stabilizes.

Almost from the second day, I began having serious physical problems: swelling of the ankles, worsening of the arthritis, syncope (dizziness), nervousness/irritability and shuffling gait.

I called her nurse and she dropped the dosage of the Abilify to 2 mg and we made an appointment for the 21st of September, 2115. I  can walk in and hope for a cancellation, but I tried that yesterday and it was "no-go".  So my next best thing is to sit and wait for a phone call from the nurse and hurry over there, since it is only a 10 minute drive.
=====================================

The next step would be to go to the local ER, but I know from having worked in one, they won't have a psychiatrist on staff , and would either want me to "wait it out" or admit me to a psych hospital, which I cannot do because if  Dondra's  heart acts up again, I need to be here to help with her care.

So I will continue to "ride it out" and hope my present meds carry me through. I think most of you probably know one doesn't "just walk away" (quit) psychotropic meds cold turkey, so I am weaning myself off them gradually.
====================================

Stay tuned, and meanwhile please don't forget to click and feed, buy clicking the icon below.

Thanks

Bill


The Animal Rescue Site

===================================

===================================

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hallo Kleiner, wie freut es mich , dass ich wieder Zugang zu Deinem Blog habe und auf diese Weise an Deinem /Eurem Leben teilhaben kann. Danke!
Es tut mir leid, dass Dondra solche Herzrhythmusprobleme hat! Haben sich die Probleme nach dem Eingriff gebessert? Ich hoffe sehr!!!
Gerade lese ich , dass auch Du aufgrund des neuen Mediaments körperliche Probleme hast. Ich hoffe auch die lassen sich beheben!

Deine Liebe zur Musik---sie war /ist immer ein Teil von Dir gewesen. Und auch ich finde schade, dass Du so viele andere Berufswege gehen mußtest und nicht Deine Musik zum Beruf machen konnest. Wenigstens war es Dir aber doch in der Freizeit möglich und so hattest Du wenigstens einen kleinen Ausgleich.
LAsst es Euch Beide gut gehen!
Herzlichst
Ilona
Bill Craig said…
Hallo Kleine

Ja, einigermassen haben sich Dondra's Probleme gebessert, aber ich muss auf sie aufpassen, denn eine order zwei die Medizinen machen sie sehr schwindlich.

Du könntest nicht an den Blog. NIEMAND könnte an den Blog. Ich hatte nichts zu sagen und war dann auch sehr beschäftigt mit D's Krankheit und Tag und Nacht im K'haus übernachten.

Wir müssen jetzt bald umziehen, denn wegen Medizinen (ich und sie) und alles anderes, ist es jetzt sehr schwierig in diesem Hauz noch zu wohnen.

Hättest Du Zeit und Gelegenheit, darf ich Dich um ein Stückchen Marzipan und eine Packung Brause fragen? Tinte habe ich noch, und wir beide wissen wie es mit Seelachs dieses mal ging, oder? Porto und alles wird mit PayPal bezahlt.

Alles gute und Danke daß Du in der Muttersprache geschrieben hast!

Bill

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th